Practical Driving Test
- The test costs £62 and is bookable on line. Discuss possible dates with your instructor.
- You must have passed the theory test before taking the practical test.
- The Chequers approach to learning to drive is designed to reach a point where both you and your instructor will believe you are ready to take your test.
- If you have not been learning with us and have already booked your test, we advise you have a few lessons in any case to brush up on your skills. Please don’t leave booking lessons until the last minute.
- You will have at least one mock test with your instructor as part of your lessons so that you will know what to expect during the Practical Driving Test.
- Your instructor will explain minor and major faults to you as well as other useful hints and tips.
- The Practical Driving Test takes about 40 minutes to complete, and is followed by a debrief which we suggest your instructor also attends.
- When you pass your test, you must notify your insurance company straightaway.
- We promise you that the examiners have no pass or fail quotas to meet.